New Beginnings, New Perspectives: A Quick Personal Entry

Wednesday, November 9, 2022


Ikea coffee. hello.
(Post is dated: February 2022)

I'm very excited to announce...I'm expecting. Not in what you think...

Expecting to hold myself accountable and strive to fulfill all the goals I've set out in the past years, that is...

Yes I had to go there. It's just something about the first of months. The first day always feels like a brand new slate.

I saw a tweet that said that February is actually the real indicator of the new year, January is the trial run.

I couldn't agree more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had off from work today and it made the day even more sweeter. I was able to plan and run a few errands that of course included a Target.

Are you an adult even, if your errands don't include a Target run?

I rewarded myself a Grande caramel macchiato for not falling into the temptation of buying these adorable bento boxes Target was advertising.

I was actually focused.

After, I took myself to the gym. A workout routine I created from the help of Youtube.

I want to start strength training and I find my body responds well. Slightly limping back to my car and getting home I embarked on something I've wanted to try for a very long time:

Derma-planing.

The amount of Tiktoks and Youtube videos I've watched trained me to my task today. Discovering a new calming sensory activity was unlocked, seeing my fine hairs on the razor was very fun. Nicked my ear twice for some reason, but the results are very worth it.

Why were these seemingly uneventful moments so paramount?

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Sometimes we don't realize how much time has passed because life doesn't always allow us to just take the time to slow down. Life likes to throw curve balls in which we are forced to bend.

However, intentional slow downs are needed.

I'm still trying to figure it out.

How do I stay present?

I've experienced so many crazy life shifts in the past few months. Haven't we all experienced a major life shift from this pandemic?

Continuing to process it all is a battle most are experiencing.

How could you intentionally slow down? How can we?

Life doesn't always allow us to, but we hold a bit more power than we think.

xoxo

n.c





Post a Comment

© Nabia Rae. Powered by amashupthemes.com