Dieting While Home- Optavia

Tuesday, June 30, 2020


I am a self-proclaimed foodie. 

Pizza, tacos, dumplings, I want it all. 

However, as my beloved favorite clothing items started to hug my body(not in a good way) I knew that the love was just a tad too much. 

I was always the type to never diet, I mean the word "die" stands out so that means I'll be miserable right? 


I've tried Keto for a week and couldn't bare eating so many meats and finding the struggle to incorporate so much fat. I went vegan for a month which I understand is not a weight-loss based diet rather a lifestyle change which I enjoyed but ruined with Papa Johns. Even with that I enjoyed veganism as it helped me incorporate more whole foods in my palette. 

However, the one thing I've noticed as afraid as I am of the word and concept of a "diet" I really needed something that was structured, concise and reliable. 


I was introduced to Optavia by a friend who lost a lot of weight in a way that wasn't noticeable immediately. She said this is what worked for her. So I went out on a whim and decided to join the movement. Another point I thought was to take advantage of this quarantine as I don't have the everyday pressures of going to work and school, eating out and of course sabotaging the entire effort. 

So what is Optavia?
 
On Optavia's website they write: "The Habits of Health system will help you learn and adopt new healthy habits in bite-sized pieces we call micro habits, which can lead to Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time...an innovative lifestyle approach that gets your mind and body working together to work for you." (It had me at "bite-sized") 

Optavia Vocab:

Fuelings- the packaged food provided by Optavia. This includes their shakes, bars, soups, and other Optavia products. The idea is that food is technically needed to fuel and provide energy for your body.

Lean and Green- a meal that consists of 1 serving of a lean protein and 3 servings of a vegetable.


Optavia provides three programs:

1) 5&1-promotes a gentle fat burning state which still allows the retention of muscle. It requires the eating of five fuelings provided by Optavia and one Lean and Green meal.

2) 4&2&1- more of a flexible meal plan which requires four fuelings provided by Optavia, two Lean and Green meals and one healthy snack.

3) 3&3- this plan allows the eating of three Optavia fuelings and three Lean and Green meals for the day. This is best for maintaining your weight after you've reached your goal or to help you stay on track. 

I am currently on the 5&1 plan which is the most strict in eating structure but also provides the most weight loss. In the beginning it was a little difficult to transition as the fear and knowing that I will not be eating my normal foods for a WHOLE month, I felt like a kid on punishment. That's the thing, it shouldn't be a "punishment" it should be a journey and it made me realize my relationship with food, which I still have a long way to go. Everyday I am learning and discovering a new approach and outlook on food. I am still a foodie at heart but so far I've come to terms how I'm thinking much more about my choices. Calories going in and calories coming out. 

It's a science! (thank you Bill Nye)

I'm on my third week and so far I've learned a lot about myself and...food. The plan encourages me to consistently fuel my body and keep my water intake high. Optavia products on the website were described as scientifically being made to provide the proper nutrients and minerals in each meal. It has tons of probiotics intertwined as well.* So you're eating a balance meal every 2-3 hours! 

I see myself doing this for another month or until I've reached my goal.(BTW that's 50 lbs needed to lose!) 

It feels good moving in the direction that I've been longing for so long. During my program I've lost close to 10 lbs and it hasn't been a month yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what the outcome is!

This is just a rough explanation of the weight-loss program Optavia. 

Links provided below for more info and exact definition of the plan:


[I am not a dietitian so it will be best to consult your healthcare provider when starting a new diet]

I hope you stay healthy and safe during this pandemic! 

(PLEASE WEAR A MASK) :)

xNabia

Post a Comment

© Nabia Rae. Powered by amashupthemes.com