Letting Go of People, Things, & ...

Saturday, September 12, 2015


"My dentist once told me that letting go is like pulling a tooth. When it was pulled out, you're relieved, but how many times does your tongue run itself over the spot where the tooth once was? Probably a hundred times a day. Just because it wasn't hurting you doesn't mean you didn't notice it. It leaves a gap and sometimes you see yourself missing it terribly. It's going to take a while, but it takes time. Should you have kept the tooth? No, because it was causing you so much pain. Therefore, move on and let go." 


I'm no expert at this stuff. I've struggled(and still am) from letting things go. 

Just recently(this week) I went into this animalistic state of purging my bedroom. I still live with my parents so of course I can't get rid of everything, but stuff from elementary school on, filled spaces everywhere. It hit me how much stress it gave me. WHY WERE'NT THINGS IN ORDER. WHY WAS EVERYTHING LIKE A JUNK DRAWER. WHY DON'T I HAVE ROOM. It literally drove me crazy. 


Not only was my bedroom stressing me out. I got this huge epiphany that everything in my life was 'junky'.


It's weird what happens when you start to truly love yourself. You start to understand people's behavior, most importantly how you know you're supposed to be treated. Along with anxiety, the epiphany's kept coming. I soon noticed(still am) that most of everyone I surrounded myself with did not take me serious. My feelings were most of the time never taken into consideration, others always felt they needed to control me. 


A quote that keeps affecting me is "When people show you who they are, believe them". 


Another one that I took into consideration was not focus on what people said, their actions speak for themselves. 


If you tell someone your goals, dreams, aspirations and they shoot it down, even if it seems "unrealistic" at least support you, it makes you question. Although they may feel like they have good intentions, it sheds light on really how they view you. For me personally, it hit me that some people don't want you to be better than them. They don't want you to progress, become the person you need to be. 

They'll tell you you've changed. 

Change is good. 


We need friends that could grow with us. Now if there's a major personality flaw(arrogance, conceit, etc.) friends who let you know are real. 

Sometimes it feels like if you were to sit back and realize that maybe all the people you surround yourself with is toxic, then you might feel like you have nobody to talk to. I have that fear too...



http://imaginesnabs.tumblr.com/post/128826921377/bad4yu-i-want-to-emphasize-the-importance-of

Hope everyone finds great people to surround yourself with, and who truly love you!
xoxo Nabia



Post a Comment

© Nabia Rae. Powered by amashupthemes.com